Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Shepherd icon


This icon of the Good Shepherd was written by one of the Brethren. It was a gift to our Provincial Superior in honor of the building of our House of Studies. The icon shows the Good Shepherd holding the House in His hands.

"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me; you restore my strength. You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name. Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage. You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come."
Psalm 23