Friday, December 11, 2009

Skywatch Friday - Looking out


A consecrated man living in a monastery must be detached from many "earthly" things. Two of these things should be the computer and the internet. However, I discovered this week that I'm more attached to these two things than I care to admit. Our internet connection has been down all this week and it's not been easy. Perhaps I'm just thinking about the business email that has been piling up, along with all the prayer requests that comes with that, and I even had to call in payroll (I was at a loss)...or perhaps I'm just missing the opportunity to catch up on all my favorite blogs. In any case, I stopped by a coffee shop today to post my Skywatch...and also to catch up on the "all important" email.

"If you do not learn to deny yourself, you can make no progress in perfection."
Our Holy Father, St. John of the Cross
Discalced Carmelite
Feastday: December 14

Happy Hanukkah to my dear Jewish friends, especially Dina and Lori Lynn!