Friday, January 8, 2010

A new year...a new home

"For my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."
Isaiah 56:7


Happy New Year to all my blogger friends.

I'm not quite settled, but I am moved into my new home. The picture above is our small monastery. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is a house of ministry, thus, the monastery is smaller and so is the community. At present, there are only four in the community, but we hope to have a new arrival later this summer after three of our men are ordained to the priesthood.

In this house we do retreat work. We have about 40 acres which holds, besides the monastery, a retreat center, a convent for the Sisters who run our kitchen and dining room, our Provincial Superior's residence and about 25 acres or orange and avocado groves. As Prior and Retreat Director I am responsible for the community and the whole property. I hope to be back to blogging regularly. So, I will show you bits and pieces as time goes by.